I was born in Asuncion Paraguay in 1970. Until the age of 19, I lived in my country. My life as a traveller started upon living in different countries such as Germany, the United States, Switzerland and Japan. Since a young age, I felt the need to express my creativity, which lead me to discover painting.
I started studying drawing and painting in the Paraguayan Institute of Visual Arts Veronika Koop, and then continued in the Hamburger Akademie für Fernstudien. Later on, I got the opportunity to meet the Swiss artist Jacqueline Busato, who deepened my knowledge about the different techniques in painting.
My paintings are mostly abstract, with a lot of structure and vivid, powerful colours. I inspire myself in the everyday objects like photographs that I take myself, colours and textures I see in nature, the streets or simply observances from my travels.
One of my main themes is Ñandutí, a traditional Paraguayan embraided lace which can be white or in bright colours. I always wanted to recreate this lace in my artwork because of its geometric, circular and delicate embroidery which always called my attention. With Ñandutí I carry my cultural roots wherever I go.
Another theme I like to work on are collages since I really like experimenting with different materials to end up with an unexpected result, creating abstract landscapes with colours, paper, natural fibres and papyrus.
07-10 March 2019 Art Fair Tokyo 2019.
• 20.06.2017 individual exhibition “Sugerencias Pictóricas”, Viedma Arte Gallery, Asunción-Paraguay.
• 29.11.2013 collective exhibition “Open Spaces” in Cozy classics Collection, Berlin, Germany.
• 23.08.2013 collective exhibition in Forum Altenberg, Bern Switzerland.
• 12.07.2013 collective exhibition “Encuentro Dachau & Paraguay in Dachau, Germany.
• 16.05.2013 collective exhibition “La Noche Larga de los Consulados”, Hamburg, Germany.
• 20.11.2012 collective exhibition “Lateinamerikanische Kunst der Gegenwart” in Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Eschborn, Germany.
• 30.09.2011 collective exhibition “TURKUAZ, Pintura y Joyas” in aid of the Project of Sonidos de la Tierra with the support of the Paraguayan Embassy, Berlin,Germany.
• 18.06.2010 collective exhibition “Un Pincel, Cinco Horizontes” in Forum Altenberg, Bern, Switzerland.
• 22.05.2009 collective exhibition “3 Mujeres, 3 Paisajes, 3 Estilos”